Keep these simple rules in mind:
– create layers to help balance your figure, for example, if you have a smaller bust, adding ruffle details and higher necklines will keep you in proportion, or if you have an undefined waist pop on a layered high waisted skirt and a belt to cinch you in and mimic curves
– long bodies require shorter top lines and higher waist lines, long legs need longer top lines and lower waist lines; so if you have a longer body than legs, invest in 50s style dresses and styles, but longer legs can layer long tops over jeans for a trendy day look
– the larger your bones, the bigger your jewellery; look at pictures of yourself in different kinds of jewellery, dainty and chunky, and decide which makes you look more in proportion, as well as which makes you look more like ‘you’
– tall women are really the only ones who can pull off couture looks and extraordinary shapes – oversized clothing looks awesome on taller ladies, as do short haircuts, bold stripe prints, printed tights, rompers/playsuits
Not only should you take your shape into consideration, but you ought to develop your own individual clothing style and taste – whether that’s a slightly androgynous, boyish look or a super sexy Amazonian style.
Essential items for any tall woman’s wardrobe:
– skinny, straight leg or slim boot cut jeans – a good fitting pair of jeans is a casual day staple, you can pair them with anything, and inject your own style personality when choosing them too
– well fitted jacket or coat – one of the secrets of the stars is a good fitting coat, no matter what shape
– waist belt – this is essential for helping define your shape, and adding curves to a tall frame
– scarves – any kind of scarves will do, but for those with a small chest, this is the best accessory to own for quickly adding a touch of glamour and making you look in proportion
– dresses – any girls best friend is a beautiful dress, but tall girls require several of these in their wardrobes to help them look feminine and flirty – there are several style which look great, try on all sorts to find one that really looks great on your particular body, halter, tshirt, oversized, fitted, bodycon, maxi, a-line, princess cut…
– flats – pretty and comfortable ballerinas are the most important addition to your closet, as they will be perfect for everyday wear and will go with anything if you have them in a few different colours.
With the traditional approach of pink girl’s boots as a protection to the weather, and also being part of the fashion industry, there are a lot of brands that have created their own design in boots that girls can wear. In fact, most designers are doing boots as part of their collection and match it with different outfits. When it comes to countries with warmer climates, boots never disappear as well because most of the people wear boots out of fashion and not much on the weather. This is why sometimes, you see people wearing boots despite the hot weather because it is very fashionable and sophisticated.
These brands would always put fashion as part of designing their boots because this is what makes girls buy boots. That is why it is no wonder that even girls in hot countries wear them. But they still think of the quantity and make sure that they can stand wear and tear.
One brand is called Primigi where their boots are made of tough leather with a warm lining and durable rubber soles that can handle any kind of weather. They have different designs on every boots, making them popular to girls.
Another brand is the Stride Rite and Sketchers that created boots for the winter climate, but at the same time create their own style. They also did the Cold Front Line boots that had waterproof upper boot with adjustable strap, and a durable bottom. Another attractive and fashionable boots they created was the Sketchers Blizzards Spunky, which is a mid-calf boots covered in mirco-fiber and its upper part had flowers and gem design as the fashion feature.
L’Amour boots are nothing but fashionable with leather boots that have pink, blue and sand as their colors and with a rubber sole that can take wear and tear. The Blue Bottle Line created the suede ankle high boots as a pink slip-on that have flowers as its patterns. These kinds of brands are those that put more effort on designing rather on the weather aspect.
Head Turning Styles
Known for head turning styles, these shoes are simply funky yet fun giving. With entertainment and excitement, these shoes draw plenty of attention which in turn has emerged as the hottest girl’s shoes brand in the market these days. Every kid loves to have shoes that promote fitness and glamour, so parents opt for these shoes, as they come in amazing styles for children. Extremely affordable and comfortable, they are manufactured to make your little girls more delightful. Best known for their quality sole, they are most sought after shoes by parents all across the globe. Available as beaded colorful shoes, they offer flexible rubber sole as modern style trends. Easy to fasten and carried away, they create little girls fashion world and encourage them to feel special wherever they go.
Moreover, complementing your kids’ apparel, they are a quality everywhere. Creating an extremely fashionable world for your little girls, they offer a range of independent choices. Helping their feet to stay fresh, dry, and comfortable, they make an ideal choice for every season.
Expression of Your Love
Further, as your children are special so you must go for things that are extraordinary too. In this regard, these shoes are created to let your children play or dress well. They are all the more gorgeous now and add sparkle to your attire every day. Perfect for your little girls, they help them to be a center of attraction. Fetching more and more compliments, they make a perfect choice for most sparkly, glittery, and bedazzled shoes. Hence, if you want something that you can rely upon for quality and comfort, they are best to opt for. Contributing to your little girls fashion world, they enhance their walking as well as playing experience. Adding more, as trendy shoes have become an important part of our children’s life, so they have to be selected as per their requirements. Moreover, they not only add more style and beauty, but also help in expressing your love to them.
Suiting was first commercialised on Savile Row, the oldest and most famous of all tailoring precincts in the world. Tailors started doing business there around 1803. With Henry Poole credited for creating the very first dinner suit. It later became known as the Tuxedo, named after Tuxedo Park in New York State, an American Indian term meaning moving water. Kings, Princes wealthy industrialists, Hollywood movie stars and rock music stars carved a path to Savile Row spending millions of dollars on luxurious suits made from the finest Australian Marino Wool. In the early 60’s Tommy Nutter opened for business in the early 60’s financially backed by Cilla Black. He became famous for reinventing Savile Row. The first to have open window displays which caused some controversy, this practise was considered brash by old school tailor traditionalists who generally worked behind closed doors. Nutter dressed the Beatles for the famous Abbey Road album cover. Other clients include Mick Jagger, Bianca Jagger and Elton John.
Soon after Spencer Tracey passed away his long-time partner and confidant Catherine Hepburn travelled to Savile Row to pay a visit to the tailor that made Tracey’s suits. She ordered a pair of tailor made denim jeans and unintentionally gave birth to the dress jean trend of the 70s. Based on this innovation Richard James another contemporary of Savile Row tailored suits made of selvage Denim woven in Japan.
Renowned Italian woollen mill and suit maker Zegna have been buying the best super fine Marino wool from Australia since 1910. Apart from their ready-made off the peg apparel, they receive 60 to 80 special orders a year for suits that will set you back $34,000. Zegna are carrying on the Savile Row tradition using the finest quality cloth available.
The demand for bespoke suiting has declined dramatically over the past three decades. The range of cuts and price point available in department stores is a major contributor to the decline in sales on Savile Row, with many tailoring firms having to downsize and tap into the mainstream ready-made market. Now one can purchase an off the peg Italian made suit in super fine Marino wool for under $2,000.